Why Choose A.J. McKay For Your Auto Repair Needs?
We have been in business since 1996 and fully accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2008. So if you want an ASE certified mechanic you can trust, come in and talk to me, AJ McKay where customer satisfaction is our priority. Read what our loyal customers have to say on our Testimonials page.
Check Out Our Services.
Call today to find out how we can save you money while earning your trust in our quality workmanship. Read more.
We Service Motor Homes Too!
Owning a RV requires regular maintenance and the occasional repairs. For complete RV tune ups to full engine overhauls A.J. McKay’s Auto Repair does everything related to engine and drive-train, shocks and brakes. If you have a RV in need of repair please call or contact us to get your RV repaired right the first time. If your RV is unable to make it to the shop we can arrange for a tow truck for you. Read more.
Welcome To A.J. McKay’s Auto Repair
“Home of the last honest mechanic”
Our goal is simple- to provide Friendly, Honest Personalized auto repair service that will keep our customers returning for all their car repair needs. We’re proud that our reputation for Traditional Values has spread to families and business throughout the area.
The Best Auto Repair in Mesa
When you are in need of the type of auto repair Mesa drivers trust for all of their automotive needs, there s no better place than A.J. McKay s Auto Repairs! We offer high-quality repair work at an affordable price. We service all makes and models of automobiles and we can even service your motor home. From air conditioning service to brake repair. our service professionals can do it all. Let us help make sure your car is running the way it should so you don t have to worry about more extensive repairs in the future. Proper maintenance is important and we d be glad to keep every part working the way it should so you don t get stuck stranded.
How can we help you? Do you have a automotive question and need to speak to someone?
We are standing by to assist you with all your auto repair needs. If you’d like to speak with someone immediately, please call us at: (480) 619-5529 or (480) 985-2435.
Temperatures over 90 degrees and high humidity can challenge your vehicle s air conditioning system. Here are five easy tips from the Mobile Air Conditioning Society (MACS) Worldwide to keep you and your passengers cool on the road.
1. If possible, leave the windows down slightly on hot days to reduce heat build-up. An A/C system works by removing heat, so the cooler the interior is to start with, the easier and faster the A/C will do its job.
2. When you get in the car, open all the windows completely, or even open the doors, for a moment to vent the hot interior air quickly.
3. When you first turn the A/C on, set the controls to MAX or REC and use highest blower speed. This moves the greatest volume of air and re-circulates it for even faster cool-down. As soon as you are comfortable, switch the system to NORM or OUTSIDE or FRESH, and select a lower fan speed. The lower blower speed produces colder the air from the system.
4. Does your cool air have a bad odor, perhaps like dirty socks or a gym locker? Remember to set the system to the OUTSIDE air mode (not REC) frequently to help prevent or lessen this problem.
5. Automatic Temperature Control systems operate differently than manual systems. Read your owner s manual to gain understanding of exactly how your system works.
With most automatic systems, the quickest cool-down comes by setting the temperature as low as it will go at first, then adjusting it later to occupant comfort.
Air conditioning problems should be diagnosed by a professional service facility with the proper tools, training, and certified technicians.
Here at A.J. McKay s Auto Repair we have the tools and experience to keep your auto A/C running cool all summer.
Simply the best!
After moving to Phoenix from Massachusetts I was concerned that I would have a tough time finding a good mechanic. Fortunately yahoo user reviews pointed me to McKay auto. I have always felt that AJ has charged me a fair price and unlike other shops he doesn’t try to sell you things you don’t need. This business practice will keep me coming back as well sending others his way. Even though his shop is a distance from where I live I will still make the drive in order to ensure my car get’s taken care of. A plus is he has a Toyota certified mechanic on site so I knew my Lexus would be repaired properly. Thanks AJ.
Someone you can trust
HONESTY pure and simple. My truck would not start and thought my starter motor or solenoid, ignition switch may be at fault. Had it towed to A J McKay’s Auto Repair and it was a simple 25 cent fuse which he replaced at no charge and no charge for the diagnostic of the problem. Many other shops would have ‘found something wrong’ and charged me an arm and leg to fix a non-existent problem. I will take my two cars and truck to them from here on out. Just outstanding, honest, personal gentlemen that care for and about the customer! In fact, I’m taking my Nissan there tomorrow for some work. These guys are simply outstanding.