Thoughtfully designed, Bria 5 leverages over 10 years of softphone experience in improving productivity for our customers.
- Stay in your tool of choice and still have access to the power of Bria.
- Feel like you are in the same room regardless of where you are.
- Really. Have a one to one over video.
Get a productivity boost with new features.
Bria 5 introduces Office integration allowing you to make voice and video calls over IP, see if your contacts are available and send messages all within Outlook.*
1080p Video. The new standard for softphone video.
With the rising popularity of videos for meetings, conferences and seamless collaboration, a new level of softphone expectations is being set by Bria – 1080p using H.264 and VP8 codecs for crisper and clearer images.
Streamlined User Experience. It’s a whole new start to a world of collaboration.
Built on SIP and open standards. Bria has proven interoperability with many of the industry’s standard platforms and devices. It also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users and can be deployed within an enterprise environment either by manual configuration or by using the Provisioning Module of CounterPath’s Stretto Platform™.
For more details and additional notes on improvements to Bria Stretto and Bria branded builds, please see the Bria 5 release notes (Ed Note – includes other features such as Hyperlink Preview, Jabra USB headset enhancements, etc.)
*Currently available on Windows.
Purchase Bria directly from our secure online store.
Need customization or branding?
Use our Sales Request Form and a CounterPath representative will contact you with details on pricing.
Standard Features 1
Bria for Windows is available in the following ten languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, Japanese and Russian.
Bria for Mac is available in six languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.
Voice and Video Calling
- Make HD voice and conference calls using G.722, SILK HD and Opus VBR (variable bit rate) voice codecs (among many others)
- View, send and receive ultra high-definition HD video up to 1080p using H.264 and VP8 codecs
- Detachable, full screen video window
- Standard telephony features include single click to call, speakerphone, mute and ability to transfer, 3 way calls, forward and hold calls
- Set display and sound alerts for incoming calls
- Hide your ID for calls
- Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for audio and video calls
- Missed calls indicator
- Support for voicemail with Message Waiting Indicator (MWI)
Instant Messaging (IM)
- SIP SIMPLE and XMPP support
- Send instant messages to from your contact list when you see they are online
- Start a single or group chat from the Messages window
- Control Pop-up notification and sound alerts for incoming IMs
- Employ “Do Not Disturb” function for blocking incoming Instant Messages
- Company chat rooms of persistent meeting rooms that users can join or be added to
- Hyperlink preview
- Set your presence status so team members know how and when to get a hold of you best
- Receive or block notification alerts for contacts’ presence status updates
- Establish unique privacy rules for your presence status for individual contacts
Enhanced Contact Management
- Manage, sort and filter up to 3,000 contacts with support for contact avatars
- Synchronize your contacts with Microsoft Outlook® personal address book (Windows only) or Mac Address Book (Mac only)
- Create groups for contacts with the ability to place one contact in several groups
- Set a default contact method for each contact
- Add a contact during a call
- Focused around your address book, Bria’s contact-centric interface gives you more ways to make, receive and manage your calls and IMs
- Navigate contacts, favorites, call history and dial pad with just a click of your mouse
- Scale Bria to different sizes to maximize space on your desktop
Advanced Interoperability and Configuration
- Open standards based
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based signaling for all interactive media sessions
- Multiple account integration including local or company directories (LDAP/Active Directory), Microsoft Outlook®, and XMPP (up to 10 accounts)
- High compression codec support
- Support leading USB and Bluetooth device manufacturers such as Plantronics, Jabra, Sennheiser and Logitech. For a list of all supported devices please visit: www.counterpath.com/interoperable-products.html
Security and Network Traversal
- Secure communications across voice, video and messaging
- Over the last decade, CounterPath has earned the trust of Fortune 500, Governments, Health providers and small businesses alike to help in securing their calls and protecting their server info regardless of device, network or location.
- Advanced security with signaling and media encryption via TLS and SRTP
- Firewall traversal and compliance with the latest standards (ICE, STUN, TURN)
- Secure connection to provisioning, messaging/presence servers
Bria also includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- LDAP/Active Directory integration
- Auto answer and “Do Not Disturb” functions
- Workgroup capabilities – Bridge Line Appearance (BLA) (Windows only)
- Company Chat Rooms – for online conferences and meetings
1 Note that some features are dependent on the call server platform or hosted service support.
Add-Ins and Branded Features
Screen Share Add-In
CounterPath’s Screen Share Add-In is available as a subscription service that lets Bria Desktop users share their screen with up to 100 participants while simultaneously using the voice and messaging capabilities of their desktop softphone. This add-in provides a cost-effective, scalable, and easy-to-use screen share capability. It is perfect for small, medium, and large enterprise businesses who need to collaborate.
Bria for Salesforce
CounterPath’s Bria for Salesforce integration is supported by Bria 5, enabling users to control their communications from within the Salesforce app, with a full set of reporting capabilities to track sales team performance metrics. Click here for more information about Bria for Salesforce.
Bria 5 for Windows is now integrated within Office, enabling users to control their Bria communications from within the Outlook app.
If you are looking for a customized client for your employees or customers, CounterPath offers branding options for orders of over 200 softphones for an additional fee. Items that can be tailored to enhance your users’ experience can include:
- Changing the product name and branding to match your brand
- Technical implementation of customer specific requirements
- Optimizations to match your business practices
- Customized branding of the softphone graphic assets, including logos, skin color and icons
- Language specification
- Including/excluding calling and add-on features
- Additional security settings
- Specifying provisioning options
- Adding CounterPath feature packs, including BroadWorks Feature Pack, Call Centre Feature Pack, or Oracle TSC Feature Pack
- And more!
For more information on customizing CounterPath softphones, visit our Branding Engine page or complete a Sales Request Form .