Oct 13 2017

Car Insurance FAQ #i #go #insurance


Your Independent Broker

As an independent broker, we can serve you better.

  • Flexible Payment Plans

    Biweekly, monthly, semi-monthly, and credit card payment options

  • Expert Advice

    Our insurance experts are just a phone call or email away.

  • 24-Hour Claims Service

    We’re open 6 days a week. Flexible hours & 24-hour claims mean we’re there when you need us.

    • Car Loan Pre-Approval

      Get an insurance quote, and get pre-approved for your next car.

    • On-the-Spot Insurance

      Get insured without even leaving the car dealership. It’s that easy.

    • Multiple Edmonton Locations

      Go Insurance is constantly growing to serve you better.


    Car Insurance FAQ

    Car Insurance FAQ

    What do I do if I am involved in a car accident?

    Let’s face it, accidents are stressful. To make things as easy as possible on you, we suggest you keep a copy of our Glove Box Accident Report Form in your vehicle at all times. This will help you ask the right questions and record all the info you’ll need.

    After an accident, it’s very important that you do the following:

    • Make sure you and your passengers are not injured
    • If you can, move your vehicle safely out of traffic. If you can t, lock the doors and safeguard your valuables
    • Call the police if necessary
    • Report the claim as soon as possible by calling us directly at 780.448.2298
    • Exchange basic information with the other drivers involved such as name, drivers licence number, address (the info in your Glove Box Accident Form)
    • If your car is not driveable, we can help you arrange for towing and safe storage of your vehicle while you take time to collect your thoughts and make an informed choice on repairs

    When should police be called after an accident?

    If anyone at the scene is injured, or if you believe the damages will exceed those listed in the list below, you should contact the police.

    Be sure to have the following things with you: driver’s license, ownership documentation, insurance documentation, and details about the other driver and any witnesses that may help your case.

    • Alberta $1,000
    • British Columbia $500
    • Manitoba Any damage
    • New Brunswick $400
    • Newfoundland $1,000
    • Northwest Territories Any damage
    • Nova Scotia $500
    • Ontario $1,000
    • Prince Edward Island $1,000
    • Quebec $500
    • Saskatchewan $500
    • USA Any damage
    • Yukon $1,000

    Are the contents of my car covered by my policy?

    Anything inside your vehicle at the time of your accident can and should be claimed in the “contents” section of your property policy, and your property deductible applies as well.

    What happens if someone else was driving my car when the accident happened?

    If someone else was driving your car during the accident your policy will still apply, provided that person:

    • is legally allowed to operate a motor vehicle
    • was driving your vehicle with your permission
    • has not committed a crime (under the Criminal Code of Canada) while driving your vehicle
    • was driving according to the prohibited uses clause in your policy (i.e. he/she was not racing)

    Are some anti-theft devices more effective than others?

    Just like the vehicles themselves, anti-theft devices come in all kinds of makes and models. Naturally, some of these devices are less effective than others. Some will sound an alarm, others will shut your car down without the correct key, etc. Choose the system that is right for you.

    What happens to my premium if I am involved in an accident that isn’t my fault?

    If you have any questions regarding your premium, please contact us (780-448-2298) and we’d be happy to go through any and all possible impacts on your premium.

    Written by admin

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *