Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
Kansas State University
212 Justin Hall
1324 Lovers Lane
Manhattan KS, 66506
Welcome to the Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- Our Dietetics program and faculty are nationally recognized, and well-respected in the field.
- Our pre-Med and pre-PA programs in Nutritional Sciences and Nutrition and Health are excellent at preparing students to enter those respective fields of medicine; or, to prepare students to be competitive for health science or health promotion jobs, and/or enter graduate programs to further their academic preparation.
- Our Athletic Training program and Sensory Analysis and Consumer Behavior Center continue to grow and evolve to meet their respective professional demands. The sensory Center is ranked #1 internationally for its research productivity. Our Athletic Training program is the largest in the state of Kansas.
- Our Nutrition and Kinesiology degree (a dual degree program with Kinesiology) prepares students to enter health professions trained to better understand those two important areas of health.
- To meet the needs of those pursuing graduate degrees (MS and PhD), our faculty perform cutting edge research in several disciplines, including Extension. to help provide students with the most current information to prepare them for positions in government, industry, and higher education.
- Students pursing graduate degrees in public health (MPH) or food science may work directly with our faculty to earn their degrees in those programs.
Our department includes graduate and undergraduate programs in Athletic Training, Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, Public Health Nutrition, and Sensory Analysis and Consumer Behavior. Our Extension faculty serve K-State Research and Extension consistent with the University’s land-grant mission. Our nationally and internationally recognized faculty are perform innovative research; and, we are developing new graduate degree opportunities in athletic training, dietetics, nutrition and sensory analysis and consumer behavior. Our undergraduate programs focus on enhancing students’ abilities to think critically to be better prepared for careers in healthcare, industry, food service, academia, and non-profit professions. Our Extension faculty are directly involved with improving the lives and well-being of everyone in Kansas, and beyond.
To learn more about how our department can serve your academic needs. please use the horizontal navigation bar above.
Find me on Facebook