#personal student loans
As one of the largest banks in the country, PNC is dedicated to helping you advance your education.
The PNC Solution Loan
- Choose your interest rate option: variable or fixed rate
- No application or origination fees
- Get 0.50% off your rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account 1
- A co-signer release option is available after 48 consecutive on-time monthly payments 2
- Receive a preliminary decision within minutes of applying online
- Payments can be deferred while enrolled at least half time, or you may choose to begin paying immediately to save on interest expense 3
- Take up to 15 years to repay 3
- Outstanding debt will be forgiven upon the death of the borrower
Considering Applying With a Co-signer?
Bar Study Loan
1 Get 0.50% off your interest rate with automated payments from your checking or savings account when making scheduled payments that include both principal and interest. If automatic payment is discontinued, you will no longer receive an automatic payment discount. A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please contact your financial institution for more information on transfer limitations on savings accounts.
2 A request to release a co-signer requires that you have made forty-eight (48) consecutive timely payments with no periods of forbearance or deferment within the forty-eight (48) month timeframe. “Timely payment” means each payment is made no later than the 15th day after the scheduled due date of the payment. “Consecutive payment” means the regularly scheduled monthly payment must be made for forty-eight (48) months straight without any interruption. To qualify for a co-signer release, the borrower must submit a request, meet the consecutive, timely payment requirements, provide proof of income and pass a credit check.
3 View important disclosure and repayment information for the PNC Solution Loan for Undergraduates. Graduate Students. Health Professions. Health Professions Residency. and Bar Study. Interest will continue to accrue during periods of deferment. You will receive quarterly interest statements during this deferment period. Paying the interest as it accrues each quarter will save you money over the repayment term of the loan because any accrued interest that you do not pay will be added to the principal balance at the end of the deferment period.
PNC reserves the right to discontinue any or all terms of this program at any time without notice. Loans may be sold to other financial organizations; however, the interest rate and term of the loan will not change if a loan is sold. PNC Solution Loans are subject to credit approval.