Education and Training
The University of Toledo Medical Center — the only university medical center in the region — has continuously served as an excellent teaching and learning site for students, physicians, faculty and staff.
The University of Toledo Medical Center’s strong emphasis on learning not only attracts the best and brightest medical and health-profession students, but also the best care providers, nurses, technologists, physicians and surgeons.
Free Continuing Medical Education Training in LGBT Patient-Centered Care
As a participant in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Annual Health Care Equality Index, over 50 different online, on-demand CME accredited LGBT training options are free to UT Health staff. Help UT Health continue to be a leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality and maintain our commitment to quality patient care, diversity, and inclusion. Training has been made available through HEI – and has free CMEs upon successful completion of online training. Visit secure.thecal.org/HRC to create an account and register for training. Facility ID: 56045 Security Code: HRC
The College of Medicine and Life Sciences provides an outstanding education for students interested in becoming physicians and physician-scientists.
The challenging doctor of medicine (M.D.) curriculum provides students with the knowledge, skills and perspective to practice medicine in the most highly acclaimed post-graduate residency programs.
College of Nursing
The College of Nursing has provided a person-centered, self-care and holistic orientation to nursing, educating countless students who have gone forward to change lives and shape our nation’s health-care system since 1971.
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
The College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences offers a four-year baccalaureate program designed to prepare students to enter medical school, law school or graduate programs in the health sciences.
College of Health and Human Services
The College of Health and Human Services provides innovative education in more than two dozen professional fields of study with a health science focus. Students in these programs have access to The University of Toledo Medical Center and opportunities for volunteer experience and clinical rotations.
Continuing Education and Training Courses:
We also offer educational courses for medical and health care professionals, continuing education, graduate education, online courses, paramedic training, and life support training.
- Area Health Education Center (AHEC) program. This program reaches out to underserved areas, helping to provide educational opportunities to health care professionals in these communities.
- Continuing Medical Education Program (CME) is to provide quality continuing medical education activities for physicians.
- Continuing Nursing Education provides opportunities for nurses to meet their continuing education needs in a variety of learning ways.
- Graduate Medical Education lists the different types of Residency Programs we offer.
- Life Support Training. American Heart Association certification classes in Basic Life Support (CPR), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Life Support (PALS).